We provide both practical and emotional support
Y Bont is a lot more than just a provider of pre-school childcare, we support families providing both practical and emotional support. We function as a multi-agency resource, signposting those who need help to the relevant body whether it be Local Authority, support groups, Citizen’s Advice Bureau or another charity in the area to best help each individual need. We cater for all conditions and believe in inclusion for all; by providing disabled children with an opportunity to play and learn. Parents can self-refer, or referrals can also be made via health professionals or Social Services.
- We are here to help you. To be a listening ear, provide advice, support and signpost to as many services as we can that can assist you and your family.
- Our outreach worker is on hand to meet you and your child and get to know what help you need. A plan can then be put in place to help support you and your child going forward.
- As a charity we subsidise our fees to ensure our service is accessible to all. We can also help families to access funding that you may be eligible for.
- We know that one approach doesn’t fit all; each child is unique in their ability, personality and behaviour. We follow a child-centered approach which recognises the individual needs of each child.
- Families can receive continuity of care from 6 weeks up until 12 years old due to our provision of after school club, Saturday club and holiday club.
- Our service runs 51 weeks a year, 6 days a week.
- We offer drop-in advice clinics ranging from citizens advice bureau, benefits advice, sleep help, toilet training and health advice.
- We constantly liaise with parents/carers and ask them for their input on shaping the services that we offer. We want to ensure that we are meeting the needs of all children and their families.
- As well as our main nursery room and after school club room we also have a specialist lights room, soft play area, quiet room and sensory movement room. Our front and back gardens have been redesigned to provide hours of stimulating, safe fun for our children.
Day –Care Information
At Y Bont we strive to provide the best care possible for the children that attend our setting. We have highly qualified, bespoke staff to suit all needs and abilities. Being a charity, we subsidise our fees so that our service is accessible to all.
- We are registered with CIW so you may be entitled to get extra tax credits to help with your childcare costs.
- Local Education Authority Grants available for 3- and 4-year-olds.
- The Nursery will close for all statutory holidays. We are closed for a week ‘fee free’ between Christmas and New Year.
We currently provide the following sessions (Monday – Friday):
9.00am – 12.00pm Morning session
12.00 pm – 1.00pm Lunch Period
1.00pm – 4.00pm Afternoon Session
9.00am – 4.00pm Full day
(We can accept children from 8.30am by prior arrangement.)
Our subsidised fees are as follows:
£18 – morning or afternoon session.
£36 – Full day session.
PLEASE NOTE: Our fees vary for funded places.
Family Fun Zone
With the help of the National Lottery Community Fund, we are pleased to be able to offer our Family Fun Zone.
After School Club: Held in Y Bont’s dedicated after school room and available Monday – Thursday from 3pm until 6pm our after-school club is perfect for children aged 4 to 12 with a disability/and or an additional need. Our club is tailored to meet the individual needs of the children in a fun, safe and stimulating environment. Dinner is provided and siblings are welcome too.
Saturday Club: Our Saturday club is held at Llangewydd Junior School every Saturday for children with disabilities and their siblings aged 4 to 11 years. From 10am until 2pm our specialist staff create fun and engaging activities so that the children can let off steam and have fun in a safe and exciting environment.
Holiday Club: During every half term (excluding Christmas) we also run our holiday club. This is also held at Llangewydd Junior School and is from 10am until 2pm five days a week.
Family Play Sessions: Family sessions are inclusive for the children and the whole family. Suited for disabled children ages 4-12 our sessions are packed full of fun and exciting activities including arts and crafts, physical activity and lots more! This service is for Y Bont families only.
ALL SESSIONS ARE £6 PER HOUR PER CHILD. DISCOUNTED RATE FOR SIBLINGS.
To enquire about sending your child to one of our Family fun zone clubs please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07394643918 (during play hours only). You can also call the office on 01656 646013.